Monday, December 10, 2012

Christmas at our house


Maybe it was the fact that my kids were sick 21 straight days with the flu [yes, all three of them. at different times. just when we thought it was over. another starts a fever. it was not fun.]
But I went very simple this year. 
Honestly, I think what I did was mainly winter decorations rather than Christmas decorations??! Maybe?

I like the idea of having something to leave up well into January, so I played around with greenery & lights, rather than Santa's & bows.




Our tree. Sigh. 
I honestly don't know why we never had a real, live tree until last year. It makes the biggest difference in our home during the holidays.
We always find the perfect, slender tree for our living room.
This year, I put the ornaments on it, stepped back and thought, "Um, I totally like it better without them." To which Brock agreed, so I boxed them all back up & we left her just like this.
She's a beauty without all that stuff on her. 


Hope the hall decking is going well at your home!


ps. here's the final Thankful tree. It was a sweet & funny to see all the entries made.