Thursday, October 25, 2012

the day my dreams came true & why i'll never buy school pictures

Random title, I know.

But to tell you the WHOLE story, I'll have to start way back in 2004 . . .

When I was pregnant with the girls, I noticed the sweetest baby photos hanging at my ob/gyn's office one day. I went home & googled the name on the photo & started following the work of this particular Wilmington based photographer. Soon after I started following her work, she changed the name of her company & branded herself as Millie Holloman Photography. I have been a faithful blog follower since. I've never seen anything that compares to the work Millie & her team do. Anytime I heard of someone getting married, I would tell them about her, in hopes that maybe I could live through their pictures [I know, it's really sad].

Fast forward to last year when we moved back to Tennessee. We're at a dinner with some new & old friends, when Andy [a WS Elder & old family friend] says to me, "Wimington, huh? I do some printing work for a photographer in Wilmington. . . [Me]Please don't tell me it's Millie Holloman?!!!!?  [Andy] It is Millie Holloman, you know her?" [ I should prefrence here by saying that I wish what I'm about to type was a convo that went on in my head, but it's not. I couldn't control the spewing of words that followed]
No way! Do I know her??!!!!!! Umm, I've only followed her work for like 8 years and she's my favorite photographer ever! [Realizing that I'm looking slightly stalkerish at this point- no shame]

Super small world, people. Small. Seriously.

Fast forward about a year later . . . Brock gets an email from Andy asking if we're going to be in the Wilmington area anytime soon - luckily, Brock was doing a wedding for a friend in September.
So, our awesome, cooler than cool friend Andy gifted us a photo shoot with . . . .

You guessed it. Millie Holloman.
[ Really, I understand that I'm sounding silly. But it's ok. Millie's cool. We had a blast! We're even gonna get her to go to Haiti with us.]










I can't wait to cover our walls in these. 

Now I don't seem so silly. Because you see how incredible MHP work is. And while I'll never buy school pictures again. I'm ruined. For the good.
________________________________________________

Andy, Millie & Claire - you all have given us a gift we'll treasure always!
We can't say thank you enough!