Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm a Mom to second graders

It's hard to admit believe.
I still think I'm the cool, young, hip Mom with the posh double stroller that attracts attention.
People wanting to dot on my sweet, chunky, blue eyed babies who look exactly that same.
But, I'm not. Nope.
I'm the mom of second graders.
How did this happen?

[phone pic]

Sophie & Ella, I'm so proud of you! You not only completed your first year in public school, but you excelled in so many ways! You had a great teacher, who taught you so much & told me numerous times how much she loved  your attitude toward learning! You finished your first grade year as Honor Roll students & your end of the year reading test came back several grades up from the grade you just completed! You are both so smart & so very eager to learn - and while I want you to know that it isn't the most important thing in life, I pray that you keep your eagerness to learn all that you can in order to use that knowledge for good.



Here's to completely your first grade year! 
Now, let's party all summer long!