Thursday, June 14, 2012

I heart NY

Not a cliche' for me. I love that city. Everything about it . . well, except for the lack of personal space. But other than that, total & complete love.

I was really looking forward to going back on this trip to NYC for two reasons:

1] Just me & my sis

2] Newsies.

Our reason for going. Newsies was mine & Kayla's absolute favorite movie when we were kids. So when I heard they were finally bringing it to Broadway, we knew we had to make it happen.
We sat orchestra left @ the Nederlander. We giggled & smiled so much waiting for the show to start that I felt like a teenager. We clapped, oohhed & awwed the whole way through. Maybe even yelled some?! ;) and ended the night, with everyone in the theater... on our feet for the standing ovation. 
Newsies completely exceeded my expectations. The new songs & writing tweaks only made it better! [which I didn't even think was possible!]
If you read this post, and will be in NYC soon, please listen to me & go see this musical! 
You'll thank me. Trust me.
*As of Sunday, Newsies is now a two time Tony winning musical!*


We got celebrate Kayla's birthday @ Home Restaurant in Greenwich Village.




We were able to fit in Newsies, Lady Liberty, Ellis Island, the 9/11 Memorial, St. Patricks, 5th Ave shopping, Rockefeller Plaza, Macy's shopping, Century 21 shopping, Times Square Fun, and a walk across the Brooklyn Bridge in 3 days times. And we even had people ask us for directions one day- not gonna lie, we felt cool for about 5 mins. ;)  It was a whirlwind of the trip, but a great trip. Can't wait until our next trip. NYC, see you soon.


                                Flying home ;(




* Here's a little FYI for ya, if you're in NYC soon [or Metro cities] you can use www.hopstop.com to get around. Type in where you are & where you wanna go, it'll tell you exactly how to get there.


Have you entered to win your LilaNash Designs piece yet?!
There's still time!